Home Agency Information Informacion En Espanol License Searches Contact Us / Feedback Forms Consumer Information Investigations Licensing & Contractor Info Residential Recovery Fund Related Links NSCB News & Updates Construction Education


Application Information

Thank you for your interest in becoming a licensed Nevada contractor. The online application process is a great way to get started. This quick overview will help you gather information and documents that you will be asked to upload during the process. Begin the application process by clicking Online Login at the bottom of this page.

A complete guide to becoming a licensed contractor and helpful resources is available. You can also attend our online business assistance program.

Are you a member of the military, a military spouse, or veteran? The Nevada State Contractors Board is here to help expedite the licensing process. For more information, visit our veterans assistance program.

If you cannot complete the process all at once, not to worry, you can save your answers and return at a later time to complete the form. Just remember, we will not start processing your application until it is complete and submitted with payment.

Here are a few things you will need in order to complete the application form.


In order to get started, your business will need a Nevada Business ID number issued by the Secretary of State. If your business does not have one, you can obtain a Nevada State Business License at: SilverFlume.


A fictitious business name is used only if you will be doing business as (dba) a name other than your legal business name registered with Secretary of State. If you will be using a fictitious name, a filed copy of your fictitious name certificate will be requested during the application process.


You will be required to provide a financial statement. The type of financial statement needed is based on the monetary limit requested. Please review FINANCIAL STATEMENT REQUIREMENTS to ensure you have the correct type of financial statement prepared.


For the purpose of conducting background checks and acknowledgement and authorization purposes, each person listed on this application, including your qualified individual(s), must provide a completed BACKGROUND DISCLOSURE STATEMENT AND FINGERPRINT AUTHORIZATION form, along with any required accompanying documentation.


Each license must have a qualified individual. This individual must be a bona fide member or employee of this company and is charged with certain duties under Nevada law (NRS 624.260).

You may have 1 individual who serves as both the Management and Trade Qualified Individual, or you may have 1 individual that takes the business and law exam and another individual that takes the trade exam and established work experience as outlined below.  
Note: If the individual currently serves as a qualified individual on another license, proof of ownership may be required.

Management Qualified Individual: This individual must take and pass the business and law (CMS) examination.

Trade Qualified Individual: This individual must have a minimum of 4 years experience as a journeyman, foreman, supervising employee or contractor in the specific trade category requested. The 4 years of experience must have been gained within the past 15 years.

Trade experience can be supported in one of the following ways:

    • Certificates should be completed by employers, other than the applying company. If you are a self-employed contractor, customers for whom you have performed work should complete the forms. Relatives cannot complete the certificates, unless they were your employer.
    • The certificates must verify the experience as stated above. Certificates that are not complete or not specific regarding actual work performed will not be accepted.
    • All certificates combined must validate a minimum of 4 full years of experience.
      • NOTE: Any certificate determined to be false or misleading may be considered misrepresentation and can result in denial of your application.
      • If you list more than one trade qualified individual on your application, separate forms are needed for each person.
  2. A current master certification issued by a governmental agency in a discipline substantially similar to the requested classification.
  3. Proof of transferrable military experience and training.
  4. Licensure by Endorsement. If you have been actively licensed for the past 4 years in a state with substantially similar requirements as identified on the STATE EQUIVALENCY CHART you can provide a completed LICENSE VERIFICATION FORM from the endorsing state in lieu of the Certificates of Work Experience forms.
  5. Having served as a qualified individual on a Nevada contractor’s license of the same classification within the past 10 years. (If your prior records are no longer on file with the agency, you will need to provide new Certification of Work Experience forms).


Online Login